INTEL CPU CORE 2 DUO E6700 Processor

woodm01 12:03 11 Feb 07

I am thinking about upgrading to this processor. What would be the best heatsink/fan to purchase and if must be able to fit onto a GIGABYTE GA-965P-DQ6 MOTHERBOARD.

Any help appreciated.

M Wood.

bennyhillslovechild 12:13 11 Feb 07

That motherboard will take the processor. And the Artic Cooling freezer 7 pro is well recommended as a HSF

ed-0 12:16 11 Feb 07

As per bennyhillslovechild. You board will take:-
click here

woodm01 12:23 11 Feb 07

Are you sure the heatsink / fan will fit on this motherboard as there is cooling pipes around the side.

bennyhillslovechild 12:27 11 Feb 07

Yeah it should do...
it's website is here
click here=

Looks like it fits straight in the mounting holes, without using an adapter. Position the fan end by the Ram sockets, blowing towards back of case.

woodm01 12:42 11 Feb 07

I currently have IDE hard drives, is the SATA2 drives as easy to install as IDE, do they just slot in and auto configure, as I don't want to use raid.

bennyhillslovechild 12:44 11 Feb 07

Yeah, sata drives install in the same manner if not using raid, slot in, connect cables and plug into motherboard. Work a lot faster than IDE, but I personally always think the connections never pug in quite as satisfyingly into the motherboard as the old IDE ones - but then I'm probably just a bit wierd. But yeah, in answer to your question, a doddle to fit.

johnem 12:59 11 Feb 07

You may need drivers for your SATA HDD, download them before fiitng.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5