INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6420 and ASUS P5VD2 M

Greengo 19:58 22 May 07

I'm looking to buy a INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6420 and ASUS P5VD2 Motherboard.

Can anyone advice me on if I need a new case, I current a Mini ATX case, do to upgrade the power supply as it is only 300Watts in my current case to ensure this NEW system works efficently.

Looking forward to all your reply

Thanks

Ashrich 21:34 22 May 07

What else will you have running in the case ? and what is in there at the moment ?

Ashley

Greengo 19:06 24 May 07

DVD re-writer, 120GB Hard drive, 2GB Memory, standard Floppy, PCI Express graphics card at a later date.

Ashrich 22:51 24 May 07

As long as the air flow in and out is Ok , then just a new power supply should do it , and you could always replace the case at a later date anyway .

Ashley

Quiet Life 10:51 25 May 07

I have a HP W5470 D930 3ghz dual core, 2gb memory, 250and 160 gb hardrives, Radeon X1300 graphics, DVD reader and separate DVD writer and
125gb removeable media drive. This is powered by a 300watt Liteon psu. I was originally worried about the output of the psu but the machine has been faultless for over a year. A good psu will produce full output all day long but a cheap one is probably only good for half its rated output.
It is easier to work on a midi case but the Asus P5VD2 is mini format and should fit fine.
Personally I would use the old power supply but later ones with variable speed fans can provide better system cooling

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…