Intel Application Accelerator

Happy37 08:06 26 Apr 05

I hope that someone can help out there with a problem that I've been having recently with Intel Application Accelerator on my PC which is a Pentium4, 2.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, 2 of 120GB hard drives and a 64MB NVIDIA TV-Out graphics card.
I also have a Sony DW-U18A rewriter drive and a brand new LiteON SOHD-167T DVD-ROM drive in this PC - this has just been purchased and put in the PC.

I'm running Windows XP SP2 with all latest patches and updates applied.

The problem comes when I see that the Primary Slave 120GB drive is reported not to have DMA turned on, as well as the brand new LiteON SOHD-167T DVD-ROM drive which is the slave on the Secondary channel.

According to various posts on this website which I looked at yesterday, I have tried the registry fix which involves changing the "autorun" value from 0 to 1.

After doing this, I've noticed that DMA comes on but autorun turns off. I've also tried the "Autofix" utility from Microsoft and that hasn't worked either.

As a last resort, I then uninstalled Intel Application Accelerator from the PC and rebooted. Now, both DMA and Autorun are enabled for all hard drives and optical drives on both the Primary and Secondary channels.

The question I have is that by uninstalling Intel Application Accelerator, will this affect the system in some way?

What does this program do that the PC itself can't, and can I get on with using the PC without Intel Application Accelerator?

Can someone please shed some light on this for me? - all replies and suggestions are and will be appreciated.

Thanks

Happy37

Indigo 1 09:45 26 Apr 05

A quick Google for Intel Application Accelerator found this click here

Happy37 13:15 26 Apr 05

Indigo 1

Thanks for the reply to my query.

Having had a look at the link you posted, I can see that the IAA is NOT a requirement for Windows to work properly.

I have run my PC since uninstalling the program, and have not seen any side effects as yet.

Anyone else got any more info that they'd like to share?

Thanks again

Happy37

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…