Integral memory card reader on Windows XP Pro

23790954 17:43 14 Mar 05

I have an Integral make, digital camera card reader, which I have used successfully on both Wind 98, and on Win 2000 pro. Since upgrading to Windows XP Pro, a few months ago, I find it impossible to use this card reader. When you install the CD in relation to the card reader, which installs the drivers for Windows 98 and Windows 2000, it states that you do not need drivers installed when using it in Win XP, and obviously there is no drivers for such. This leaves the problem that when you connect the card reader to your PC system, via a USB port, and boot up your system, a balloon at the task bar states that the card reader has not been recognised by the system, and that the necessary drivers are not installed. I have tried this card reader on several systems containing Win XP Pro, but always get the same result. The CD for the card reader also states that when used on Wind XP, you would see four discs showing in 'my computer', one for each of the card sizes, and nothing ever is shown when card installed. Any help to overcome this problem would be very much appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:10 14 Mar 05

Plug reader in USB port

and Scan for hardware changes under the Action menu in Device manager.

or reboot with card reader plugged in.

Does windows reognise the card reader now?

Im my computer will show up as removable drives (e f g h)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…