intalling xp on packard bell pc

I-W 21:07 03 Jan 05

I need to install XP on a packard bell pc. But Iv got a problem! I have the red floppy recovery disk but not the other 2 disks I need to recover XP. Is there a way round this? If I obtained another copy of XP on disk and reinstalled would this do the job? Or is there another way? any ideas or help eould be appreciated

AndySD 21:40 03 Jan 05

Yes it should work but you will need you xp serial number (it should be on a sticker on the pc case)

I-W 18:48 04 Jan 05

I had a go and got as far as installing devices. It then asked for the "restore disks" that came with the pc. I dont have these. What can I do now?

AndySD 20:22 04 Jan 05

You may need to do a clean install (you will need he xp cd and the xp number)click here but you will need to get the drivers off the net.

I-W 08:58 05 Jan 05

Thanks for that. I done what it said and got as far as the GUI set up. I couldn't get onto Regional and language Options. At theis point the packard bell scren woulp pop up asking for the recovery disk's. Any ideas how I could get aronud this? Am I gonna end up formating the hard drive :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…