intalling admiral sea battles

pla 22:00 10 Oct 10

I just bought an old pc game -Admiral Sea Battles-
I've tried everything but it won't install, it wont let me choose options during the setup.
Can anyone please help????

Nontek 22:08 10 Oct 10

At least fourteen years old, that game is unlikely to work on anything other than Win98, or earlier. You have not said what your OS is.

pla 22:15 10 Oct 10

I have windows 7. Now would I have to get windows 95(thats what the game was design for) or is there a way to get it going on windows 7?

Nontek 22:19 10 Oct 10

Doubt very much if Win7 will like it - I only have XP, but you could try in 'Compatibility Mode' if Win7 has that facility.

pla 22:21 10 Oct 10

how?

Nontek 22:24 10 Oct 10

click here

Good luck.

pla 22:47 10 Oct 10

thanks. it wont work though. I think im going to have to install windows95. I dont know how to do that, do you?

Nontek 07:56 11 Oct 10

I admire your persistence, I would have given up by now.

If you have a Win95 disc, it should be quite straightforward on its own - but I have never done a dual-boot install. So you will need someone else to come on and explain if it would be possible with Win7, and how to do it.

As I said - Good luck, afraid I can't help you any further.

jolorna 07:59 11 Oct 10

according to this site it can be used with xp, not sure if it will be a safe download as i haven't tried it
click here

tullie 08:11 11 Oct 10

A bit drastic isent itinstalling an old operating system for an even older game?You will probably find that your newer games wont then play.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…