instructions needed for network switch

keith-236785 22:20 09 Nov 03

hi

i have just prchased at a computer fair a Zonet ZFS3008 8-port 10/100Mbps Ethernet Switch. it came with no instructions or drivers (don't know if i need any drivers).

does anyone out there know where i can get info.

Google reports 425 results, all of which appear to be offering the product for sale. even Zonets web site is no help.

the description says plug and play so is it just that simple?

please help.

Rtus 23:27 09 Nov 03

Ive searched for any data ,Other than the Zonenet Site Type that into google it will give URL ..There are no drivers offered on the support page of the site nor at driverguide..So one would assume its just gets one from the O/S as it installs..However you could try emailing Zonenet if the hhave contact on site ..Must admit never thought to look..

keith-236785 08:21 10 Nov 03

Thanks for that, i will try e-mailing if no-one on here knows, but i have found company e-mail systems to be worthless for problem solving in the past.

i presume it was zonetusa.com you visited. i have already trawled thier site and found nothing. but i will keep looking.

thanks again mate

mrdsgs 10:56 10 Nov 03

i use them

literally just attach each pc to one of the 8 pc rj45 ports on the back of the switch with a normal network cable (not cross over)and it should work. No drivers are needed as a network switch is "invisible"to the computers.

mrdsgs

keith-236785 16:10 10 Nov 03

mrdsgs

thanks, i will give it a try later.

regards

keith

DAG88 23:35 13 Nov 03

to access your switch to configure it type 192.168.1.1 in internet explorer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…