Instant screensaver

captain birdseye 11:05 19 Oct 04

Years ago I saw a prog on a pc which could instantly activate a screensaver at the nudge of a mouse. Does anybody know of this and where I could obtain it please. We have occassions where staff may have confidential information on a screen when people walk into the office and an instantaneous blanking of the screen would be useful. TIA.

SANTOS7 11:12 19 Oct 04

click here this may help. PS love ya fishfingers..............

captain birdseye 11:51 19 Oct 04

SANTOS7....Thanks for that but it is not really what I was after....having to double click a desktop shortcut is no quicker than hitting the minimise button. Thanks anyway. PS I'm allergic to fish!

SANTOS7 12:02 19 Oct 04

sorry its not what your looking for i'll keep looking........

JonnyTub 12:11 19 Oct 04

Im confused ~

"instantly activate a screensaver at the nudge of a mouse" would infer that the programme you seen years ago made the mouse basically redundant except for the purpose of the screensaver? A bit pointless ain't it?

"having to double click a desktop shortcut is no quicker than hitting the minimise button." nor is it any quicker than raising your arm and nudging a mouse.
(unless milliseconds count of course)

SANTOS7 12:17 19 Oct 04

The only other option i can think of is to go to mouse properties and select maybe the wheel button or another (have five on mine) to minimize so you don't have to actually move the mouse pointer anywhere to activate..........

JonnyTub 12:29 19 Oct 04

would this be it? click here I'm not so confused now :-)

captain birdseye 13:47 19 Oct 04

Jonny Tub......why be confused when you are a star? Your detective work was spot on. Setting the corner pixel size to max gives a much larger area to activate rather than the accuracy needed to hit the minimise button. Thanks for your help.
CB.

bretsky 13:51 19 Oct 04

Go into your C:\Windows\system32 folder and look for screen saver files which are, eg: ssbezier.scr or sspipes.scr file extn

Then minimise the window and then simply drag the file into your windows explorer/internet explorer tool bar and there you have it, so if the door bell goes, just click the stars, bezier whatever screen saver links you have and it activates, when you want to resume, just nudge the mouse and your back into windows.

bretsky ;0)

JonnyTub 14:01 19 Oct 04

bretsky's idea seems better, especially as it's free

bretsky 14:07 19 Oct 04

Why thank you.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…