Instant Messenger Loss of Pictures

pcfoolish 19:51 27 Oct 06

I have lost the ability to see pictures when using IM. I can't see the picture of the person I'm talking to (and they can't see mine - so it's not altogether a bad thing) and if they use smiley's I can't see them either (just get a blank space where it is supposed to be).

This appears to have happened after installing Zone Alarm but I'm not certain it is the actual cause. I tried changing IM security levels, even turning it off, but to no avail. I've uninstalled IM and updated with the latest version of Windows Live Messenger. I've also checked my IM settings and have ensured that I've allowed pictures etc...unfortunately, it hasn't made any difference.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

pcfoolish 15:31 12 Dec 06

I uninstalled Zone Alarm and everything that was missing came back...just thought I'd pass this on in case anyone else is having problems with it.

Kate B 15:34 12 Dec 06

I hope you're using another firewall, especially for IM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…