Instant Messaging & Video Conference Recording

Dellman 15:37 26 Apr 05

Is it possible to record video images/sound that is sent/viewed via an Instant Messaging video conferencing facility eg MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger? Is any special software or hardware required? And can they then be played back?

Stuartli 15:53 26 Apr 05
  Dellman 16:09 26 Apr 05

The Polderbits is only a "sound" soultion, if I have read it right. The Soniclear costs between US$150 - 999!!!!! Not sure how much the Cisco option costs.

Anyone got anymore ideas/suggestions?

Technotiger 16:21 26 Apr 05

Hi, if you have a tv card in your pc, connected through a vcr/tv, it is possible to record direct to VHS.

Dellman 10:18 27 Apr 05

Anyone with anymore suggestions?

Technotiger 11:59 27 Apr 05

MSN Messenger does allow saving a history of conversations, from within Tools/Options.

Dellman 12:55 27 Apr 05

Thanx Technotiger. However, it is more the video/audio aspect that I'm trying to capture within IM/Yahoo Messenger.

Stuartli 13:02 27 Apr 05

You asked whether it was possible to record video/audio conversations/conferences - the links merely proved that it is possible.

Dellman 13:22 28 Apr 05

Thanx Stuartli. I was hoping there might be a cheaper option.

Anymore views from anyone?

Dellman 13:25 03 May 05

Anyone with any more suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…