Installing xp-pro+get 'File dmio.sys is corrupted'

buel 12:55 21 Jun 09

Hi, i have touched on this in another post but didn't get an exact answer so i thought i had better post it seperate: I am trying to load xp-pro onto a desktop that once had xp pro on it but now has w7 and halway through it loading xp pro i get the message 'The file dmio.sys is corrupted' and i cannot continue with the install, please can anyone tell me have they come accross this problem before?

buel 13:20 21 Jun 09

Ps- because i have nothing to lose, so to speak, i tried just the standard xp disk and it failed on boot up and it said 'operating system failed' and yet W7 has just loaded perfectly!!
How odd!!

Terry Brown 15:00 21 Jun 09

First- Why are you trying to load a lower spec system on your computer -- W7 is higher than XP ?

Next-- The W7 system may be blocking the XP download

or--The XP CD may be damaged.

Download CDCHECK ( 30 day trial)
Put your CD in the Drive and select restore, select a location NOT on your current harddrive and start.

This will check your CD for errors and try to recover them to that location.

You could then try running it from the saved files (setup.exe)
Terry

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:33 21 Jun 09

Dmio.sys

Disk management input output

is a compressed file in the i386 folder, sounds as if it is corrupting while de-compressing

you can download it from click here

buel 18:17 21 Jun 09

Bugger, they want $19, is there a free version d you know please?

Sea Urchin 18:28 21 Jun 09

Fruit Bat /\0/\'s link comes up as a red warning on WOT (Web of Trust).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:02 21 Jun 09

Comes up green on McAfee site Advisor

woodchip 19:09 21 Jun 09

Drive Boot data is stopping XP loading. You need to clear Partition information before trying to load XP. A format will not remove Partitions second down may be all you need, there is a cd lower down click here

Sea Urchin 19:36 21 Jun 09

Oh well - which to believe? Perhaps we should instigate a debate on McAfee Site Advisor versus WOT.
:@)

lotvic 23:03 21 Jun 09

WOT report
"Requires payment of $19.99 USD prior to downloading system files which can be found elsewhere for free.
Also has links to 'free' scanners: Regcure and Paretologic, both of which are rated as dangerous!"

cream. 23:08 21 Jun 09

to the refusal of XP loading.

You gotta get rid of 7 because an inferior OS is trying to load. And it wont take Xp as supperior to 7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…