installing XP professional

flobby 15:15 14 Feb 03

Hi, Can anybody help?
I have just bought a new computer with Windows XP home. installed, but no CD as back up.(shop wanted another £60 for the CD).
I have a CD (original)of XP pro.but when trying to install, everything is fine from entering the product key,checking for updates .But when it goes into re-start the screen just seems to freeze on Windows set up. I have tried when it resarts, entering boot up from CD and without, but still no success.
The Dialogue box at the start of installation asks whether I would like the upgrade option (recommended) or full install I have tried both and still get the same result. WINDOWS SET-UP page just ataring at me.
Thank you in anticipation,
Cheers, Colin

lacker 15:30 14 Feb 03

How are you doing this?suspect you cannot install 'pro'on top of 'home'.You might have to format and do clean install.

Tony

Lozzy 16:59 14 Feb 03

Try this it will help youclick here however I would strongly recommend a full clean installation with XP Pro

flobby 17:11 14 Feb 03

Hi lacker,
I am trying to install over XP Home, How do I do a clean instll?
Cheers,
Flobby

Djohn 17:16 14 Feb 03

Lozzy, good evening, hope you are well. I have just received my Winxp Pro. disk, and hope to install sometime over the next few days. Keep your fingers X for me, otherwise I may need to pop over to Florida, (At your expense, of course) for help with same. Keep well J.

flobby, Hope you manage to get round your problem with the install, if not then there are plenty of people here, only to willing to help and advise. Good luck. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…