installing xp pro with home in partition

1dave2 11:07 18 Dec 05

Hi guys. I want to install XP Pro. I have the Home edition installed in my partition. Is there a way to wipe off Home and install Pro without losing it from the partition as well, I mean, after all, I have paid for it! I'm also thinking about all my drivers as I've no disks for them because it's all in the partition, thats the trouble when you buy these comps from the shops!. Thanks in advance Dave.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:22 18 Dec 05

How are the partions arranged on your hard drive?

c:\XP home

d:\back up and drivers?

What sort of PC is it dell? gateway? evesham?

1dave2 11:25 18 Dec 05

Its an HP computer and no disk comes with it. it just says the operating system is in the partition.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:42 18 Dec 05

Why do you wish to install Pro?

Pro has very little advantages for home user over the XP home version.

1dave2 11:49 18 Dec 05

Because I'm having a few problems that are annoying me and I want to start again with a nice clean hard drive so i though i might as well put Pro on as home again as i have a pro disk

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:55 18 Dec 05

Better to invoke the factory restore condition on the machine returning it to DAy one out of the box condition.

It will have all the drivers etc. installed

just back up all your documents/file that you need first.

Look in the manual for how to restore usually something like F10 on boot up.

1dave2 12:13 18 Dec 05

I think I'll buy a bigger hard drive instead as mines only 35G. Maybe i could use 2 drives then.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…