Installing XP on a preinstalled Laptop with Vista

Sedda020 19:20 16 Jul 08

Hey, I have a laptop Acer Extensa 5220 and I am bored with Vista -_-'

So I decided to install XP on it but now I'm not sure if I can do it without errors because i thought a laptop needs drivers to make all the hardware work like de mouse where u put ur finger on and slide to make the mouse move, wireless internet drivers, sound drivers and more.

So how do i install my XP then, because i dont want to install xp in my laptop and then everything freezes because i have no drivers installed so my mouse dont work en stuff.

wky 19:38 16 Jul 08

Usually I get latest driver updates from the manufacturers website. For example HP has all the necessary drivers for my nx6125 laptop. Maybe acer has the same?

Sedda020 19:44 16 Jul 08

Hi, ive founded an Acer site with the drivers (i think)

click here
Is this what you mean? I think these are the good ones. And better is that there are also XP versions if im not wrong.

So is this what i need to install all the drivers on my XP then?

amonra 20:07 16 Jul 08

^

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:18 16 Jul 08

1. instal XP as per instructions on this site click here

2. with XP installed and running then install the XP drivers for your machine.

Sedda020 20:18 16 Jul 08

What do you mean amonra? ^ ??

Ditch999 20:22 16 Jul 08

Yes it should be all you need.
Just make sure you get the right drivers. I see that some components may have 3 or 4 different versions, like the graphics and webcam. There may also be 32bit or 64 bit drivers for XP.

woodchip 20:26 16 Jul 08

I think you will find that XP would make the touchpad etc work by loading Generic Drivers, but you need the correct drivers if you can get them. TFT Monitor would be the one you really need

woodchip 20:28 16 Jul 08

You must also be aware that if its a Sata Hard Drive XP will not Load until you load the drivers for it. So check if the Hard Drive is Sata or IDE

Sedda020 20:32 16 Jul 08

I dont want a dual boot but just only XP.
And when XP is installed, is there anything that works for example my touchpad? No thhen how do i need to get acces to be able to install things. Or do i just need to get an extern mouse and plug it in the usb?

Is it possible to download Windows XP? (illegal)
I have one, it's XP Pro, but when I install it, it only has 8 softwares or so installed; AVG, AdWare, Spybuster, Winzip, Java (i thought) Yahoo toolbar.

Is that correct? Because i thought when installing XP Pro youll get loads of software kinda like 30 softwares automaticly installed (include the unnessecary things)
But i can be wrong, i just want to be sure i have a good windows xp pro CD :) (copied)

Ditch999 20:35 16 Jul 08

If you want XP then buy a legit copy of it.
You will not receive any help for illegal software here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…