Installing XP on my windows 7 x 64 bit setup

Carryduff 12:13 10 Jan 15

Hi, I have an old midi keyboard which I previously used to download and upload midi data from my computer. Since I installed windows 7x64 bit, midi will no longer work, apparently will only work on 32 bit systems. I still have the original XP installation disc and would like to install this on my hard drive to run the midi keyboard but am not sure how to do this. I would be grateful for some step by step advice on how to do this. I'm not exactly a novice with computers but a lot of the technical stuff is lost on me so any help would be much appreciated as to partitioning hard drive etc in as simple terms as possible, Thanks

bumpkin 12:59 10 Jan 15

If a desktop I would put XP on a different HDD if you have one rather that partition the existing one.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:03 10 Jan 15
  Jollyjohn 15:14 10 Jan 15

Hi

I would install VirtualBox and then install XP as a virtual PC - this removes the need for a reboot in order to use XP.

Link to download page - click here You will need the Extension pack as well.

bumpkin 21:47 10 Jan 15

Just in case you don't know, if you dual boot Win7 and XP if you boot to XP it will delete any restore points in W7 unless you edit the registry in XP .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…