Installing XP

phildux 10:13 07 Apr 05

our I.T. chap at work (he wont give anything away) has just told me i takes approx 3 hours to install XP Correctly. is this right i have just installed xp from cd and it took about 1 hour.

whybe 10:28 07 Apr 05

It has never taken me 3 hours to install XP as a basic operating system and yes your 1 hour in my experience seems about right. Installing all the other items of software eg office suites, extra drivers, antivirus, spyware etc afterwards and adjusting them to suit personal preferences will normally push a complete install for me to the 3 hour plus mark.

Giant68 10:29 07 Apr 05

i've installed it in about 40 minutes, but by the time I had tweaked it, it probably took another hour. You can sit and go through all the services that run in the background turning some off, leaving the essential ones running etc.

Giant68

Yoda Knight 10:30 07 Apr 05

You have to remember that he is at work, not at home, where it only takes 1/3 of the time to do the same job. ;)

phildux 10:37 07 Apr 05

thought i was missing out cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…