Installing wireless print server

wrg 10:33 27 May 08

Morning all. Hope you had a good bank holiday. Mine was spent trying to install a Belkin wireless print server with not much success. Can anyone help. I have followed the instructions and help topics to no avail. I have tried to install as follows. Connect the server to my router using ethernet. Insert the CD, at some point it asks to look for the wireless print server but never finds it. It then gives me the option to configure it myself which I try. I have managed to get to the stage that when I try and print it tells me it has sent the print job to the printer but it never prints. My printer is a Dell AIO. I have tried changing the ports to which the printer is attaced from USB2 Virtual Printer to USB1 Virtual Printer to TCP port and none work. I have checked the printer for sharing. Any ideas?

daxian 12:25 27 May 08

hi wrg....
not sure if this will help ,but might be worth a try .
firstly what operating sys are you using ?
i know that this works in vista ...not sure on xp .
browse the network for all devices in the workgroup .....(pcs,router ,printer)make a note of the path
if you are using vista then you will need to set up the port for the printer ...as you have already tried to do ..thing is vista will only accept a local port not a network port ,so its required to create a new port (local) then enter the path to it in the format
\\pc name\printer name.
as its a dedicated server you may only need the first
part i.e \\printer name....Dave.
ps ...if its xp then the same applies but you can use a network port .hope this helps ...Dave.

crosstrainer 12:31 27 May 08

Wireless kit requires the installation of the software FIRST ie: before you connect the kit up.

Worth a try...Uninstall all the software.

Shut down PC

Disconnect all the new kit.

Re-boot and install the software

Then connect the kit.

wrg 12:58 27 May 08

Thanks to both for your responses.
Daxian, the o/s I am trying to install on is XP. I will however look to access the wireless print server sometimes from a laptop that has Vista on it. When I go to the settings in the print server manager it gives the port as port1. Crosstrainer will try your suggestion to see if it works. Will be annoyed if it does work as the instructions clearly state connect hardware first then install software.

wrg 19:36 27 May 08

Tried the above and cannot get it to work. When reinstalled the s/w it will not find the print server, with connection to the router and without. Can anyone suggest a cable wireless router with a built in print server?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…