Installing Windows XP Home

enviro 21:47 28 Mar 06

Hi, I am trying to install XP and the computer just keeps hanging on a blue page with the message Windows Setup and nothing happens. Any Ideas ?.

curlylad 21:59 28 Mar 06

Have a look here to see if any of these match your problem click here

the3musketeers 18:36 31 Mar 06

If curlylad did not help you, explain what the exact prob is...perphaps i could help

ade.h 19:35 31 Mar 06

Feedback will help us to help you and benefit others with the same question.

enviro 17:22 01 Apr 06

Thanks for the replies, I have fitted new hard drive and am trying to install xp home. When I tried to install from cd, the cd drive runs for a while then blue screen comes up with message windows setup in top left hand corner. I have downloaded copy of instalation on floppy but this just does the same. I have changed bios to boot from cd rom, dont know what else to try. Gone through list from curlylad but cant find same fault.

Strawballs 21:18 02 Apr 06

You say you put in new hard drive did you set the new drive to master.

enviro 21:40 03 Apr 06

Hi, yes hard drive is set to master.

TonyM 08:42 04 Apr 06

Has the new drive been formatted ? Check the website of the manufaturer for a utility to do it ...

007al 16:24 04 Apr 06

Windows will format the drive when installing.
Is your new hard drive showing up in BIOS?
Ive had floppy drives show up in windows,but didnt work as the connection needed pushing in the socket by about a millimetre(although windows said it was working)
I would check hard drive connections first

Magic Hobo 17:23 04 Apr 06

At the start of the installation you have to wait for about 2-3 minutes for it to load drivers etc. To be sure wait for 10 minutes and then come back to it to see if anything has happened

---
Magic Hobo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…