installing windows xp

vienna1981 20:44 17 Feb 04

Hi, I am currently using Windows 98se and my brother tried to install xp onto my pc but apparantly I'll need to do a clean sweep of my drive before I can install it and yet on his pc he could install xp over 98se...is this because I have a printer and scanner on my pc? or is there another reason I have to do a clean sweep? I'd rather not do this as I have a lot of stuff on my pc i need and dont have the time to sit and burn all this onto cds. Thanks in advance.

moore_mat 21:28 17 Feb 04

Hi

You don't HAVE to do a clean install - it's just recommended because a fresh installation will perform better as it doesn't have lot's of old files to compete with!

When you put the XP CD in, you'll be given a menu and told what to do from then.

Good luck

Mat

Diodorus Siculus 21:30 17 Feb 04

But it is best to burn all your data to CD; otherwise if things go wrong (which it can), you could end up with no data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…