Installing Windows under dos

yogibear 21:09 25 Aug 03

I recently had to format my hard drive due to a cock up installing windows. So now there is no way I can get into windows, so how do I install windows in dos.
Thanx.

oglemire 21:16 25 Aug 03

windows ? 98 xp 95 2k ? 3.1 even ....

i would create a directory C:\md w98 for instance and insert the 98 cd and then run the command (cddriveletter):/copy win98 c:\win98 then c: then c:\cd win98 then setup ... that will install windows98 from dos . xp and 2k i recomend that you enter the bios and set your pc to boot from the cdrom and set up that way selecting the optiont o format your drive using ntfs

xania 22:47 25 Aug 03

I presume you have a bootable floppy disk with your CD drivers. Boot from the floppy with hese drivers then you will be told which drive is your CD. All you then need to do fro mthe :\ prompt is type

e:\setup - where <e> is to be replaced by your CD drive letter

woodchip 22:59 25 Aug 03

Download a Win98se Boot Disc from click here start with the disc, choose start with CD-ROM support. Now the CD-ROM drive you have if the letter was D:\ whike you load Windows it will be E:\ or if it was E:\ it will be F:\ and so on it moves by one letter So if its now E:\ just type it at the A:\>

So it looks like this A:\>E:\ and it should change to E:\> now just type setup press enter after each of the above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…