Installing windows on non-raid SATA on nforce4 m/b

stevena 15:32 17 Jun 05

I'm just about to buy an MSI K8N neo4 Platinum as part of a system build, and I want to install windows XP on a single non-raid sata drive. Never having installed a sata drive I've been downloading manuals and searching forums for a definitive 'how to'. Unfortunately opinions differ. Some say installation can be done without even going through the f6 process because the nforce controller is 'native'. Others suggest setting the single drive up as a striped array in the raid bios and then going through the f6 process (a single disk raid???). Any advice welcome?

Joe R 15:35 17 Jun 05

stevena,

I have an nforce4 board, and after booting from my windows cd, was took to a screen to partition/format my sata drive, and was never asked for a driver.

My bios is Award version 6.00

stevena 15:40 17 Jun 05

I might try it without the drivers first then. Did you have to make any special settings in your BIOS?

Joe R 15:45 17 Jun 05

stevena,

The only setting in the bios I had to change was, changing the FSB for my ram to 200Mhz from 166. (pc3200)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…