Installing Windows ME on a new hard drive

yogibear 15:11 14 Sep 03

I recently bought a new hard drive and don't know how to install Win ME on it.

pj123 15:20 14 Sep 03

The first thing you have to do is FDISK it and then FORMAT it. Give us some specifications first though like what size is the new hard disk, what size is the existing hard disk, what O/S do you have on the existing hard disk and what is the specification of the computer you want to install it in?

yogibear 17:38 15 Sep 03

Well my original hard drive packed in before I could get anything off it. So I have just the new drive now, it's a 60Gb. My comp has 128Mb ram, AMD Athlon 950Mhz. What else do you need to know? Just tell me and I'll add it.So I have no original O/S to go off, starting a new.

pj123 17:52 15 Sep 03

Well the first question to ask is if you have nothing on your hard disk how are you able to log on to this forum? Are you using another/someone elses computer to log on with?

Do you have a CD with an operating system on it? Also do you know what you had on your compter. eg. sound card, graphics card, modem etc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…