installing windows 98

archerman 16:39 29 Jan 03

I have a laptop with windows 95 installed and I want to install windows 98 but I do not have a upgrade disk only a full copy of 98. is there any way I can use this disk

Djohn 16:41 29 Jan 03

Yes it's the same!

MartinT-B 16:43 29 Jan 03

The full disk is a lot lot better than an upgrade.

I wouold suggest that you back up ALL your files and do a clean install.

Make sure you have the drivers for win98 before you start esp. the chipset and Graphics drivers.

archerman 16:45 29 Jan 03

I want to install from 95 only cd drive pcmcia. this is disabled when drive is formatted. what can I do.

Djohn 16:52 29 Jan 03

archerman, don't understand last question, please explain!

archerman 16:58 29 Jan 03

I have a twin head laptop with win95 installed. i have an external cd rom drive connected through my pcmcia slot. when the computer is formatted it no longer regonises the pcmcia slot. hence i cannot install win98 from the cd rom drive. is there a way to make it recognise the pc card from the command promt?

Djohn 17:12 29 Jan 03

archerman, sorry, I'm not familiar with laptops, but regarding the installation of 98, I do believe you can install over the top of 95.

But saying that, a clean install after format is usually better. Someone will pick up on this and advise further. regards. J.

Stuartli 17:29 29 Jan 03

See previous threads:

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…