Installing Windows 7 Problem

RobCharles1981 00:01 05 Mar 10

At the moment I'm trying to install Windows 7 Home Premium With my new Build

Intel Core I5 750
Asus P7P55D LE P55
4gig DDR3 1600mhz

At the moment I'm currently awaiting the Graphics Card but is out of stock so I thought id use my graphics card 4670 from my spare rig to get me going.

So I obviously set the first boot device for my CD Drive and I let the setup process go, now the problem its at the "Installing Windows" part at the very start and it was stuck there for well over an Hour and Half.

Is this normal or could there be something wrong?

birdface 07:21 05 Mar 10

Something wrong I would say.
When I installed mine it could not have taken any more than 10-15 minutes or so to install.

northumbria61 07:54 05 Mar 10

Same for me - Win 7 Pro 64bit - about 15 mins. Either something wrong with the disc or disc drive - it should just be straightforward install.

RobCharles1981 09:05 05 Mar 10

Morning Guys

The Disk was brand shiny new, Ile have a look at swapping the Drives over and Ile keep you posted!

RobCharles1981 19:23 05 Mar 10

Swapped over the drives still the same scenario, and tried the two ram sticks in different slots wouldn't post returned to origional posted tried Windows 7 Setup again still the same issue.

I'm going to get this new graphics card now.

robin_x 22:56 05 Mar 10

See this pcadvisor newsletter from a few months ago.

Personally I find the newsletter quite interesting and it is one of my few subscriptions I have not regretted.

You can unsubscribe if you dont like it.

Anyway, see here for your problem? and other info

click here

RobCharles1981 21:07 06 Mar 10

Hi Thanks for the suggestions but they don't mean nothing to me.

I had a tinker around today with this problem.

I Tried Another Power Supply (My Old One) Tried Win 7 Installation - The Same problem Happened

Tried another CD Drive - No Change

I decided to try XP install it was going fine but it freezed on "Installing Devices"

I really don't know what to try here.

RobCharles1981 22:33 07 Mar 10

I have some news, with thanks to a member on the Asus Forum I'm now up and running with Windows 7.

As this Ram I have installed sees as 1300mhz I had to go into the AI Tweaker in the Bios and enable DOCP to enable it to 1600mhz

:-)

birdface 23:29 07 Mar 10

Well done.
Glad you managed to sort it out and to come back and let us know what the fix was.

RobCharles1981 23:31 07 Mar 10

Cheers Mate,

This had me baffled for a couple of days. Never mind all is well now!

northumbria61 12:19 08 Mar 10

Good to know Rob-------- Thanks for lettig us all know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos