Installing Windows

Willxyz25 13:09 06 Sep 05

I was running Windows XP64 on my PC, and decided that i wished to reinstall XP pro instead due to usb problems. I have been unable to do this and I get the error message "halaacpi.dll could not be loaded" . After many unsuccesful attempts I attempted to install Linux, this worked perfectly. But I would still like to get Windows back on my PC. Anyone know what the problem and solution may be.
Cheers

woodchip 13:19 06 Sep 05

More than likely a XP64 bit problem you would be better with 32bit XP

dave_and_confused 13:21 06 Sep 05

When do you get this message? During install or running Windows XP.

---
"More than likely a XP64 bit problem you would be better with 32bit XP "

I thouht that's what Willxyz25 wanted to do - "was running Windows XP64 on my PC, and decided that i wished to reinstall XP pro....I have been unable to do this"

Willxyz25 13:25 06 Sep 05

I get this problem during the initial start up of the windows xp pro installation, before you get to the menu (with options install, repair console etc).
And yes I am trying to install the 32 bit version

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:25 06 Sep 05
  Doire_Bhoy 13:30 06 Sep 05

Excellent site fruit bat

Willxyz25 20:14 06 Sep 05

Thanks for the link but doesnt give me any idea of what i can do.
I have managed to install linux (suse 9.3) and windows me onto my computer with no problems but everytime i try to install windows xp i get a error message before i get to the install menu (install, repair ... )
I have a Serial ATA hard disk, if this makes any difference.

Willxyz25 20:17 06 Sep 05

The exact error message i get is:

"the file /i386/halaacpi.dll could not be loaded. The error code is 32768"

which also appears sometimes as

"the file /i386/halaacpi.dll could not be loaded. The error code is 7"

(replace forward slashes with backslashes, cant seem to find key on mac keyboard!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…