Installing Win7 drivers

ventanas 22:11 PM 19 May 11

Going to move one of my laptops from Vista to Win7 this weekend. I have downloaded 19 drivers from the Toshiba website. I just wondered, do these have to go on in any particular order. Many are for things like dvd player, face recognition and hdmi etc, but there are chipset, display etc. I would usually go for chipset first. Also there is a BIOS update. Do I wait and see if everything works before loading this, just in case. Or should it go on first. It is the first download on the website. Grateful for any advice.

Strawballs 22:41 PM 19 May 11

I would wait and see what works and what does not as a lot of the drivers are the same in both then update as needed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:57 PM 19 May 11

Don't do the BIOS flash unless absolutely necessary.

Yes chipset first if not sorted by the W7 DVD

ventanas 09:01 AM 20 May 11

Thank you both, I think I had already decided not to risk the bios. I'll put the major drivers on, and then see what else is needed. Going to be an interesting weekend. Thanks again

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites