Installing WIN XP Pro

newton 19:33 19 Feb 03

I have bought a machine with Win XP Pro installed (NTFS file system 40gb hard disk) and loaded MS Office 2000. All worked well for some weeks until I downloaded and installed Office SP1 and Office SR3. Now Outlook and other office applications do not work properly. They appear properly on the screen for a few seconds and then disappear. Only Access seems ok! I have tried to load from shortcuts and through 'programs' but nothing works. I have reinstalled Office but no change.In case it was a Win XP fault I reinstalled this but still no joy. I would like to reinstall everything onto a clean disk but do not seem able to format. Would appreciate any help please.

jazzypop 19:45 19 Feb 03

Start the PC with the XP CD in the drive - you will be prompted whether you want to reinstall XP.

This also gives you the opportunity to format the drive and start afresh.

newton 14:50 27 Feb 03

Did as you suggested jazzypop and I'm now back on track. Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…