Installing webcam...windows is asking for files!?

vaughan007 00:05 23 Nov 04

Hello all,

Operating system Windows 98SE

I am trying to install the webcam software for the Logitech Quickcam Express and it keeps asking me for the following files:-

kmixer.sys
ksuser.dll
stream.sys

Then when I insert the windows 98 disk it tells me that the ones on my disk are older than the ones on my system. Whether I click yes replace them or no leave them doesn't seem to matter.

What do I need to do? I am stuck!

Thanks.

hugh-265156 00:57 23 Nov 04

bump^

would like to know the answer to this myself for reference. a friend of mine had exactly the same problem a few months back after purchasing a second hand computer from a local company. it came with windows '98 starts here edt' what ever that is and it displayed this error, requested these files 'kmixer.sys ksuser.dll stream.sys' when he tried to install a new c media soundcard.

tried all the usual sfc and downloading the files needed didnt make any difference. could not re install windows 98 from the disc supplied so he purchased a new pc with xp in the end.

sorry i cannot help.

vaughan007 01:02 23 Nov 04

I am currently installing DirectX 9.0.....which should replace those files its asking for....I'll let you know how I get on!

hugh-265156 01:07 23 Nov 04

did that too and it didnt work. 9b

hugh-265156 02:39 25 Nov 04

just bumping this up for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…