installing a webcam

longjon 13:43 06 May 04

baffled by problem installing new webcam, a QCAM 330, on windows me. the installation disc says there are missing files in my os and that it needs the windows me disc to find them. inserting said me disc doesn't help..it won't search for files itself and i can't find them by browsing. mysterious. anybody had a similar experience? any speculative advice punts from people gratefully received.

Simsy 13:56 06 May 04

"speculative advice punts", so here goes...

perhaps the files are contained withing "cab" files, (which are similar to "zip" files), on the CD, which is why you couldn't find them.

I presume you know what the missing files are called? Assuming you do, and they are in the cab files, you can search the cab files quickly using a prog called "zipscan" click here

You may find that the cab files are, in fact, already on your C drive, usually C:\windows\options\cabs.... (I think!)

Good luck.

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 13:59 06 May 04

is available as Freeware...

click here

Regards,

Simsy

citadel 18:37 06 May 04

I would get my money back, you should not need to mess about with files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…