installing wanadoo on linux

computer_madness 19:24 08 May 06

Hi
My mums computer is connected to the internet using Wanadoo Wireless and talk. I also connect to the internet with the same LiveBox but using the wireless router. I am currently using Windows Xp Home. But I want to use Linux instead. Is there anybody who knows how to install wanadoo wireless and talk on linux. Without my mum finding out that i have been messing with the connection. Any Info will be great full

Thanks.

mgmcc 08:05 09 May 06

When you use a router, you don't normally "install" anything in the computer - the network adapter just connects to the router.

If your wireless adapter has previously been connected to the Livebox (because there is a special procedure for connecting third-party adapters to a Livebox), you should be able to configure the adapter in the Linux network adapters section so that it connects. I have SuSE 10 and my Belkin USB WiFi adapter actually seemed easier to set up in Linux than Windows, there were no additional drivers needed and no additional wireless software - it just got on with the job!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…