installing vista sp1 error (ntoskrnl.exe)

rickilambert 20:19 15 Jun 08

hey peeps, every time i try and install sp1 for vista business edition i get the error message on start up saying "ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrupt) i can manually insert the vista cd, check for problems, then it fixes them and i can log in but every time updates try and install sp1 the problem comes back again, any ideas?

regards

rickilambert 20:48 15 Jun 08

im probs going to get flamed for this, so im sorry, but i have to bump as my computer is SHAGGED! i cant turn it on :s

Fingees 21:10 15 Jun 08

If you didn't get SP1 automatically sent to you via Windows updates, then remove it.

Not all computers running Vista can use SP1 yet.

When it is OK for your machine, windows will download it from updates.

Meanwhile Microsoft recommend not to download SP1 until; your machine is fully compatible.

If of course it was sent automatically, I suggest you ring microsoft.

rickilambert 21:12 15 Jun 08

it was sent automatically, so yeh, but i mean ringing them is a little harsh dont you think, i cant even log on to the computer anymore ......

rickilambert 09:17 16 Jun 08

is there absaloutley no fix for this issue?

Pine Man 10:06 16 Jun 08

Why note 'hide' the SP1 update and don't bother installing it. There must be millions of us without it and the 'world keeps turning'.

rickilambert 10:21 16 Jun 08

hmmm well the prpblem being that last night i was trawling through the internet for solutions when someone recomended installing it manually, whcih i have now done, however it is impossible for me to return to a previous condition as there are no restore points for some reason, so i am stuck

Pine Man 11:47 16 Jun 08

'there are no restore points'

Maybe not BUT the manual installation of SP1 should have an uninstall feature in 'Programs & Features' in Control Panel.

rickilambert 12:48 16 Jun 08

yes but windows is now TOTALLY unaccessable

Pine Man 13:35 16 Jun 08

safe mode?

Pine Man 13:37 16 Jun 08

Startup repair with vista disc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…