Installing upgrades

scrum half 13:28 26 Feb 05

My technical capabilities include being able to change a fuse and changing a plug but would i be able to install a mobo, graphics card and psu?
has anyone with limited tech knowhow done this successfully.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:24 26 Feb 05

Can you build with LEGO?

putting a PC together is that easy

1. insert into slot and screw down where necessary.

2. connect cables if required (push in)

3. switch on run driver disk (not req with XP)

The problems only occur if

a) part is not inserted correctly

b) part is defective

c) incorrect drivers

d) (worse case) part conflicts with another

and thats what we are here for

when you done it sit back and enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done the money you saved from not paying PC world to fit it will go towards the next part

Good luck

PS just fitted a USB2 card total downtime 3.5 minutes

scrum half 16:59 26 Feb 05

thanks fruitbat for the confidence boost,i will have a go when the cpu arrives ( monday i hope) Trouble is once the plug is pulled i wont have access to technical maestros like yourself to bail me out, never mind nothing ventured ect ect

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:27 26 Feb 05

Build your own PC
Videos click here
Info click here
PCmech click here

mattyc_92 18:05 26 Feb 05

It is very easy to build a system...

All you have to do is to screw things down and put cables in that link the componants.... Just remember to "ground" yourself before totching any of the componants... The cables can only go in oneway as well.... The manuals are normally quite easy to understand also...

scrum half 21:21 26 Feb 05

Thanks to all who responded...if i report back next week its pack on the back time otherwise a deafening this space

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…