//some 3rd party need geo

Installing two operating systems

misfit 16:34 21 Jun 03

I would like to Install windows 98 to "E"drive.
I have partitioned the drive with Partition Magic 6. But do not know how to get the WIN 98 TO LOAD TO "E" can anyone helpplease

zanwalk 16:38 21 Jun 03

We need to know what OS you have on 'C' partition before helping with this one.

misfit 17:38 21 Jun 03

WIN Me but my son has winxp same problem

Glyn-252301 18:26 21 Jun 03

You need to make another partition and it should be a primary partition. If you look through your P M Manual you will see how to move data and make partition in one operation. If you have 2 or 3 primary partitions on one disc, they all are C: drive when they are the default drive. You will need to use Bootmagic to choose the default drive on which to load your O/S.

Spend some time reading the manual, Regards G.
Come back if need more help.

misfit 09:12 22 Jun 03

Thankyou youknowim I understand about primary partitions and that boot magic will select the operating system,but to my understanding-only when the operating system is actually installed.
How do you get it to install in the first place.
sorry.........

zanwalk 09:34 22 Jun 03

You will need to run PM from the floppies and hide the partition the current OS is on, your problem arises because you are trying to install an older OS than is already installed, when you hide the active partition, a warning will tell you that your PC may not be bootable. As long as you have a Bootmagic rescue floppy and are able to boot from CD in order to install W98 this should not be a problem, do make sure you have a working Bootmagic floppy first though.

When you have done this, pop in the W98 CD and don't go with the default settings but say that you want to choose where to install W98, install it, and when finished you will need to boot with the BM floppy in order to configure your boot menu, you will also have to unhide ME/XP of course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…