Installing a SSD with windows 7

Baffled 100 Have read the PCAdvisor instruction on installing an SSD and have watched the Crucial video. All goes well in so much as the computer recognises it is there. The problem is that the system asks for a driver and there does not appear to any way of finding it. Anybody had this problem and knows how to get the driver? Intel i7 Processor, Windows 7, 256Gb Crucial SSD.

KRONOS the First 19:02 PM 15 Aug 12

I am sorry but I have just installed Windows 7 on a spare PC after buying a Crucial M4 128GB SSD and I most certainly was not asked for a driver.

Are you doing a fresh install of Windows 7 on the SSD? or is it just for storage?

hastelloy 19:39 PM 15 Aug 12

Can't help with your SSD problem but it is a very bad idea to put your email address in the public domain - ie on a forum.

rdave13 08:10 AM 16 Aug 12

Have a look at the answer here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11