Installing SP2

emmandelo1 15:46 11 Aug 07

Hi, just a quick question. If I create a restore point in WinXP and then download and install SP2 will it restore to before SP2 if installing SP2 creates a lot of problems? Thanks

brundle 15:54 11 Aug 07

You will be given the option to back up changed files before you install SP2, you can restore the pre-SP2 files if anything goes awry.

dan* 15:56 11 Aug 07

SP2 will automatically create a restore point for you.

" will it restore to before SP2 if installing SP2 creates a lot of problems? "

yes.

emmandelo1 15:56 11 Aug 07

Brilliant! Thanks for that.

Clapton is God 17:29 11 Aug 07

I'm fascinated, though, as to why you're only installing SP2 now - about 3 years after its release!

emmandelo1 14:06 12 Aug 07

Clapton is God, this is my father in law's old Hewlett Packard machine. Has only 512MB of ram in it.
I see him maybe once a month and he is complaining that his machine is running really slow (and it is!) spent some time yesterday having a good clear out, Reg Clean, Freeing up space, Defrag, etc etc. He is not particularly computer savvy but someone had told him about PC Pitstop and after he ran that he was convinced that he needed SP2 installed. IMHO he actually needs more ram but I think his MOBO will only take a max of 512MB SDRAM. Anyway, that's why SP2 after all this time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…