installing SP2

hommo 15:46 14 Jan 05

when trying to install SP2 , i get this message,
setup cannot copy the file atapi.sys,then underneath it says ensure that the location is correct or change it and insert windows xp system files in the drive yuo specify, copy files from c:\windows\system32\drivers.when i check device manager i have a! beside a non plug and play serial. the device status is not present or is not working properly or does not hsve all its drivers installed code 24, current statud stopped , star up type auto

rawprawn 15:52 14 Jan 05

Try running a System File Check before trying to load SP2. Start/Run/Type sfc /scannow (watch the space between sfc and /scannow) You will need your XP Disc. That will put all the system files back to original.

hommo 16:23 14 Jan 05

I have used the repair operating system to replace all the files but it still has the same problem. I had no problems installing sp2 the first time but after having to FULLY reinstall xp i now have this problem .

JIM 16:25 14 Jan 05

DAEMON Tools and Alcohol 120% are known to cause this behavior.Do you run any of them?

hommo 16:40 14 Jan 05

OH YES, just started using alchol 120% off magazine cover disc, what is the solution then?

buscrew 16:51 14 Jan 05

Try installing SP2 in safe mode.

JIM 16:59 14 Jan 05

Uninstall the program.

Install the Service Pack.

Re-install the program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…