installing soundcard

SheenaRead 11:35 16 Mar 04

I seem to be having a problem with installing a soundcard on my old computer. I have followed the manufacturers instructions on installing and when I get to the end I come up with a message saying could not install the soundcard and error code 69. Can you advise me what this error code is and how I can correct it.

MichelleC 11:40 16 Mar 04

It sometimes takes a few tries to install device drivers, especially with xp. Use Aida32 to properly identify it click here

SheenaRead 15:56 16 Mar 04

Thank you Michelle C for your comments. You state it takes a few goes to install the drivers, I know because I have tried several times but no joy, still the same error code 69 message. I am using Windows98SE does that make a difference. Can you or anyone tell me what error code 69 is?

Stuartli 16:07 16 Mar 04

Without knowing what the soundcard is makes it impossible to make any sense of Error 69...:-)

When you know what make and model either post back or try the manufacturer's website support pages.

Stuartli 16:13 16 Mar 04

If it's a Creative sound card then go to:

click here

SheenaRead 16:23 16 Mar 04

Thank you Stuartli. It is a Hercules Muse Lt soundcard and I have contacted the manufactures but they have not come up with an answer as yet.

Stuartli 14:59 17 Mar 04

Here's one review of the Games Surround Muse LT:

click here

and drivers:

click here

or

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…