Installing Sitecom firmware on router/ADSL modem

domhay 21:01 17 Feb 05

I'm trying to update the firmware on my Sitecom Homestation Annexe A (model dc-214) after having internet connection problems. I've downloaded the latest firmware that comes in the form of a file with a .dlf extension - but I don't know how to install it. I've tried downloading the manual from the Sitecom website but it comes as an "octet stream" with no file extension which I can't open in any software (Word, Notepad etc.) Or at least if it does open then its just garbage. Can anyone help me out either by telling me how to install the firmware or at least how to get the Sitecom manual opened?

igk 00:15 18 Feb 05

You need to get into the control panel of your router this is usually done by entering an IP address into internet explorer address bar you must be able to do this to configure your router and it must have come with at least this basic instruction,when you have done this look for an update firmware section in your routers control area,usually you need to browse to the location of the firmware update file on your pc and then follow instructions/click on update or some such instruction,you must note however that before you try to update the firmware you MUST ensure that anything you have running while doing this has to be disabled as it may try to get onto the internet (ie:e-mail programme)while the router is being flashed with the new update.I did try a google search for this router but only came up with foreign language websites!Hope this helps.

domhay 10:18 18 Feb 05

I configured my router using the configuration software which came with it and there is no place to enter an IP address. (I know what you mean though because I configured my previous router via a browser and entering an IP address).
Anyway thanks for your suggestion.

FelixTCat 10:27 18 Feb 05

To get into your router, open the network icon on your taskbar and clic the Support tab. The address given for the Default Gateway is your router's IP address (often192.168.0.1)

Type that address into your browser's address bar and it will open the configuration screen of your router - you may need to provide a password.

Then look for a menu item for hardware upgrades of the router (it may be buried one or two layers down).

Open that menu and it will ask for the location of the updated file. This is the .dlf file. Browse to that file's location and click OK. The modem will give on-screen instructions, but basically do not switch it off whilst it is updating. When it is finished, it will either reboot itself or tell you to do it.

You may have to re-enter any personal set-up details (b/b log-on, wep keys etc), so make sure you know them.

domhay 20:39 20 Feb 05

Thanks FelixTCat, that's sorted my problem

FelixTCat 21:07 20 Feb 05

You're welcome Happy surfing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…