installing a second larger hard drive

GOBEEN 01:31 30 Jan 05

Hi ppl,I have run out of space on my hard drive,my daughter has hogged it all with music,to save a war I bought a 80 gig. new s/sung. hard driveI need to install this, and make it hers,and,transfer all her music to it so as I can have a drive for myself,the last time I did this two gig was massive,steam comps. 865s.so I need a brain injection please ,as simple step by step please,gettin on a bit now,kinda slow,thanks, Gobeen,is VOG. is "VOG".still around, he was always a great help ahwile back,also "woodchip"& "FLECC" great fonts of knowledge,thanks,GOBEEN.

THE TERMINATOR 02:01 30 Jan 05

click here and/or click here hope this helps, oh and yes VoG™ is still around, somewhere....TT

Robotic_Rob 02:08 30 Jan 05

Hey, It is really easy.

You just connect the new harddrive in as your master harddrive, pop your windows disc in the cd drive. And turn your machine on. Your windows disc should automatically be picked up and ran. Follow the on screen instructions. You will get the choice of if you want a partition,what filing system you want,whether or not you want to format your harddrive and what names you want to sign in as. After it has fully installed it will reboot into windows.

The slightly harder part, installing all the drivers for your hardware. You will need all the driver installion software for your hardware for your machine to properly function. Just install all them and make a connection to the internet and your sorted. I believe.

GOBEEN 02:13 30 Jan 05

THANK YOU CHAPS,CLEAN AND CLEAR,THANKS FOR THE LINKS,GOB.

Sharpamatt 07:08 30 Jan 05

Far easier and less risky is to make a backup image prior to doing anything ( like Norton Ghost )

Because you want to use the new drive for storage there is no need to install Windows to it or risk your drivers.

Install your new drive as a Slave ( jumper settings ) ensure your original is set at Master.

onnect the slave to middle of connecter cable and master to end of it.

Format and transfer whatever files you wish stored on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…