installing a second cd-rw

jizz_fix 09:33 07 Feb 03

i have installed a second cd-rw .my problem is that i forgot to set the jumper switch from slave to master on the second drive.it seems to run fine, i just wanted to know if it really mattered.can i leave it where it is ?

€dstow 09:35 07 Feb 03

If it ain't broke etc - - -.

€d

MAJ 09:45 07 Feb 03

Are they on the same IDE channel?

jizz_fix 23:35 08 Feb 03

by channel , do you mean the same cable ? yes they are .

woodchip 23:41 08 Feb 03

Suggestion do not load software for the new CDRW if its different from what is already on your comp

david4637 19:59 10 Feb 03

woodchip - whats the reason, should you load the same software for the second CDRW? David

jizz_fix 07:28 12 Feb 03

thanks everyone...problem solved...

woodchip 14:03 12 Feb 03

The reason is that CDcreator and Nero can clash, they both load CDrom Drivers. If you have a CDRW and got CDcreator it will pic both drives up in the software as will Nero, There is no need to reload the software for the drive. The only problem that can occur is theat the drive may not be supported with the driver that's loaded if not then it would be best to remove the CDRW software and try the other Nero or suchlike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…