Installing SD Moviestage

bturner 07:37 AM 10 Apr 12

Hello I used to have SD moviestage installed on my desktop PC but I returned it to factory setting on the weekend and now I am unable to install it.

I do not have a scanner and want to take pictures of a utility bill to send a company proof of my address with my digital camera.

I get this error message.

"Error executing file D:\ SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe The requested operation requires elevation".

I also tried to install it on the laptop but get the same error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

mgmcc 08:12 AM 10 Apr 12

"The requested operation requires elevation"."

Probably means that you need to have Administrator rights when installing the program.

Go to "Start > All Programs", select Accessories then right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

At the prompt, type in...

D:\SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe

...and press Enter. (You had a space after D:\ in the path which shouldn't have been there.)

bturner 09:39 AM 10 Apr 12

Thank-you for your reply.

I followed the instructions and typed in "D:\SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe"

This is the message I see, "

D:\SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe is not recognised as an external or internal command, operable program or batch file."

mgmcc 09:51 AM 10 Apr 12

Open the Command Prompt window and, at the prompt, type d: and press Enter. This will change the prompt to D:\>

At the D:\> prompt, type SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe and press Enter. Does that run the Setup.exe file?

If not, presumably D drive is your CD/DVD drive? Try copying the contents from the disk to a folder in the PC and install it from there instead.

bturner 10:43 AM 10 Apr 12

Thank-you for the help.

I followed the instructions to get the "D:>" and cut and pasted SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe then hit enter but got the same error message

D:\SD-MovieStage ver.2.0E\Setup.exe is not recognised as an external or internal command, operable program or batch file."

Yes D is my CD/DVD drive.

However I have managed to get my pictures onto the PC and sent the e-mail with attachments using Windows live photo gallery.

I had no idea that was installed and it is ideal for what I need it for.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites