Installing scanner driver in Windows XP

jz 19:10 08 Aug 04

I'm trying to install a scanner driver on a relative's PC which has Windows XP. The scanner is a Acer 320P bought in year 2000 and was originally on a W98 PC and worked fine. They now have a new PC with XP. I found a 'third party' driver for XP on the BENQ website (I think BENQ must have taken over Acer). I ran it and it de-compressed. Then I ran the setup programme and it chuntered away without problems.

I then tried to use the scanner but it didn't work. After re-booting the PC, it said it had found new hardware (the scanner connects to the parallel port). I followed the prompts and clicked the 'have disk' button. The wizzard appeared to be looking for a .INF file, but there was no such file in the de-compressed download from the BENQ website. Any ideas?

oseven 19:31 08 Aug 04

You could try the Microsoft web site.Otherwise sorry but have no other suggestions.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:49 08 Aug 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…