//some 3rd party need geo

Installing Scanner

JAMSARNNIE 22:23 30 Nov 04

can someone please help me? I am trying to install my scanner but I keep getting the message "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and MICROSOFT WINDOWS APPLICATIONS. Choose close to terminate this application ".
I would be grateful for any assistance on this, as far as sorting this sort of thing out I am a complete novice.
Thanks.
JAMSARNNIE

VoG II 22:28 30 Nov 04

click here

Look to see if you have AUTOEXEC.NT in C:\windows\repair

If so, right click it, select copy. Navigate to C:\windows\system32 right click and select Paste. If not, follow the instructions in the "click here".

JAMSARNNIE 11:28 01 Dec 04

Hi! VoG, thanks for the help, when I did as you said (First instructions) I at least got as far as the install window then another message popped up saying "setup is unable to run a program needed to proceed with the installation. restart your system and try again" this messeage appeared after I selected the language I wanted.
Many appologies for being a pain but is the anything you could add to your instructions?
JAMSARNNIE

jack 12:20 01 Dec 04

This looks like you are running 2000/XP
and the Scanner is a 95/98 version.
Scanners have Firmware inside to rund the scan motors/imaging etc.,
Although some manufacturers offer upgrading services
[drivers/desktop controls etc.,] This has not always worked. - Christmas is weeks away and scanners are cheap.

Stuartli 13:40 01 Dec 04

Check the manufacturer's website for the latest drivers, especially if you have XP.

Install the driver first, particularly if it's a USB scanner and then reboot; attach the scanner's USB lead and Windows should detect new hardware.

jack 13:55 01 Dec 04

one more thing to try.
rghit click the scanner program.
At bottom of menu click on properties.
In properties click on Compatability.
In compatability click on 95/8

This allows XP to run 95/8 type progs - some times

JAMSARNNIE 21:48 08 Dec 04

Thanks everyone for your help but I have given up and gone with jacks's suggestion and spent my Argos vouchers on a new one.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.
JAMSARNNIE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…