Installing a sata/HDD on m NF7-s

weyland 09:08 20 Feb 04

im trying to install/convert my hdd via my serilel adaptor onto my nf7-s mobo but i keep reading about me having to reformat my drive??

does anyoe know of this? and where does anyone know of a good guide link/page about sata drives?

many thanks,

nf7-s 2.0 bios 21
[email protected] 420 fsb
win xp home sp1
maxtor9 80g 7200 rpm
512 ddr 3200

temp003 04:52 21 Feb 04

Presumably this is a new motherboard, in which case it is likely you will need to reinstall all motherboard component drivers. If you don't want to format and start all over again, you can do a repair reinstall, i.e. installing XP Home on top of itself without formatting.

Before you change motherboard, click here and download and burn to CD the MS Blaster Patch for XP first.

After motherboard and hdds are set up, start computer with XP CD in, making sure in BIS settings, CDROM comes before hard disk in boot sequence or boot device priority. Press any key to boot from CD.

click here and select "How to Run a Repair Install" for screenshots. During repair installation, when asked for computer name, use old computer name (In existing XP, right click My Computer, Properties, network Identification tab to see the name). Otherwise you might be denied access to certain old files.

After repair, in XP, apply the Blaster patch immediately before going on the net.

Then you will have to reapply all Windows updates as the Repair brings everything back to CD state.

temp003 04:53 21 Feb 04

Sorry, it should be BIOS settings, not BIS settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…