installing router

Woodman2 05:49 AM 30 Sep 11

I have been sent a new router, a D-Link DSL-2680 by Talk Talk to replace the out of date Sagem modem I was using on my Advent 7108 laptop with XP but it will not connect to my server. I have tried another new router of the same type but that does not work either. Any suggestions please? Thanks.

onthelimit1 07:42 AM 30 Sep 11

Have you accessed the router when connected by ethernet cable to setup?

setup router

Woodman2 09:48 AM 30 Sep 11

Yes. I set it up as described in their booklet for wired use.

onthelimit1 11:26 AM 30 Sep 11

Then I think you must have the wrong username or password. If you call the helpline from the TT phone, you will get a recorded message giving you both. Username is normally your full phone number then @talktalk.net.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:45 AM 30 Sep 11

Have you got a filter on the line connection to the router?

onthelimit1 11:49 AM 30 Sep 11

FB - think he must have as the plugs from PC to filter and filter to phone socket are different?

john bunyan 11:50 AM 30 Sep 11

I had a sililar problem with a Belkin. My ISP user name and password was different from the e Mail ie [email protected] and not [email protected]; My ISP (Pipex /Talk Talk) were helpful in talking me through it on the phone.

spuds 12:19 PM 30 Sep 11

I have used the same route that john bunyan used. Contact TT support, they will talk you through it, in an easy to understand way. If they cannot connect, then they will take it from there.

lotvic 13:34 PM 30 Sep 11

Have you followed the steps:

TalkTalk Setting up your D-Link DSL-2680 Router ClickHere

onthelimit1 15:23 PM 30 Sep 11

Come on lotvic, do keep up - I posted that link at 7:42 this am! :-)

lotvic 17:58 PM 30 Sep 11

heehee, so you did onthelimit1. I am getting near my 'sell by' date. Though I've a few years left (I hope) before my 'use by' ;)

Woodman2, have you sorted it out yet?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone