Installing Replacement ADSL Modem

spuds 10:00 19 Jun 04

I have installed on my computer a Thomson/Alcatel SpeedTouch 330 ADSL modem. Having had constant problems with this modem, Tiscali have sent me a Sagem [email protected] 800 ADSL modem as an alternative replacement.

The replacement kit contains the new Sagem modem and a installation cd-rom. Before installing, I want to be sure that I have the correct information. Do I need to uninstall all of the previous SpeedTouch 330 evidence, or do I just install the new installation cd-rom and work from there.Leaving the SpeedTouch connection programme in situ, should I need to go back to that, at a later time.

Help and advice gladly appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:11 19 Jun 04

Would suggest you uninstall everything to do with Speedtouch if you've been having problems

Speedtouch dialup (newone shouldbe on new cd)

Speedtouch diagnostics and Dr Speedtouch.

/\0/\

spuds 11:21 19 Jun 04

Thanks Fruit Bat, just downloaded the 70 page instruction manual from Sagem, so I will see what that as to offer.

Tried Tiscali helpline, "but all operators are busy, please try later"!!.

spuds 12:00 20 Jun 04

Read the manual and eventually contacted Tiscali support. They suggested that the previously installed SpeedTouch 330 was removed, and the new Sagem modem was then installed as a complete new set-up.

Now installed, and everything seems okay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…