Installing RAM?

Ritchie2 00:52 16 Jul 06

How do you install extra RAM as im going to buy a 1GB card here;

click here

do I just slot the RAM in my system and it will autamatically work? any help appreciated.

LastChip 01:14 16 Jul 06

No disrespect to e-buyer (I use them a lot), but when it comes to memory, there really is only one company to go to click here

You can use their on-line memory finder to guarantee you will get the correct memory for your computer and there wont be much difference in the price from what you've already seen.

As it stands, you've asked this question under the Absolute beginners forum, so are you sure you have the right memory? It's critical it is!

As regards fitting, it will have an offset bar, which stops you fitting it incorrectly. Be aware of "static electricity", as it's easy to damage RAM. Again, use the resources on Crucial to see exactly how to go about fitting your new memory.

terryf 03:31 16 Jul 06

If you are buying, consider matched pair of 512k rather than 1gb chip, check your mobo manual as to which slots you use

Ritchie2 15:54 16 Jul 06

thanx dudes

Arnie 18:49 16 Jul 06

You can also get free advice on their telephone.
I have found them very helpful.

Freephone: 0800 013 0330

Gongoozler 09:36 17 Jul 06

A big plus for buying memory from Crucial is that they guarantee that if you buy it using their memory selector tool, Crucial guarantee that it will work in your computer. Cheap memory can cause very strange problems that are difficult to diagnose, so I would strongly advise against buying unbranded memory. If cost is the reason for buying from Ebuyer, then I think buying a smaller module of Crucial would be a better bet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…