Installing RAM

BigRik 12:11 05 Jan 06

Hi all.

I've received my RAM module from Crucial this morning and just need a piece of info before I start.

If I do get a message prompting me to update the configuration settings, what exactly do I change in the BIOS? There's no info in my manual that I can see and I don't like going into the BIOS without know what to do.

My motherboard: Asus A7N8X-VM.

Thanks for any help.

Totally-braindead 12:20 05 Jan 06

I think I know what you mean, if you install faster memory you can alter the memory settings speed but you can only do this if the speed is supported by the processor. If you are leaving the existing memory in the computer then you are tied to the speed of the memory you already have and its just a case of plugging it in to the spare slot, you shouldn't have to alter anything. Do make sure you physically unplug the mains lead when installing the memory to avoid accidently switching it on and earth yourself.

Devil Fish 12:21 05 Jan 06

you shouldn't recieve any message if the ram is working correctly the system should automatically detect it and change the amount of ram accordingly

BigRik 12:38 05 Jan 06

Thanks for those comments.

The missus wants to drag me off into town now, so I'll have to wait a little longer.

Thanks for your time. I'll let you know how its gone!

BigRik 17:55 05 Jan 06

Yep, no problems. All is well.

Thanks again guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5