Installing Publisher 98

Newuser12 22:00 29 Nov 03

I have installed Publisher 98 (Windows 98 SE) and the program will not open - I get error "windows is low on memory, or your hard disk is full etc" I have plenty of available disk space and memory - any suggestions - I have installed this previously and it has run ok

Publisher is a big program, as you can probably judge by the time it takes to instal. I wonder if the amount of virtual memory may need increasing.

JIM 22:30 29 Nov 03

Your error message "could" be a red herring for some other problem,poss hardware driver conflict.Even though nothing shows until ms Publisher is installed.

Some searches will likely say that the problem is with the pub.exe file and if you uninstall Publisher and clean out remnants in registry all will be well after reinstall etc.If you do a search in the MS knowledge, the error message comes up for a fixes but again it can cover alot of areas.

I with same error, went into msconfig and after unticking all boxes then rebooting then adding a tick back into a msconfig box and rebooting eventually found that it was my canon printer driver/software, that was to blame.

You may be better,though it takes a while trying the same method first.Not saying you have a canon printer installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…