Installing program - Administrator Problem

AMcK 09:24 04 Aug 08

Hello Guys

Have a problem and appreciate any help.
I have just got a new laptop and tried to install my ISP program and it has come up saying: -
You are not currently logged into your computer as an administrator. This installer requires that the user be logged in as an administrator. Please log out and log back in as an administrator, and then restart the installer.

I am logged on as the administrator already!! andy ideas?

Thanks

rawprawn 09:33 04 Aug 08

Turn UAC (User Account Control) Off until after you have installed the program.

birdface 09:34 04 Aug 08

Googled.click here= something to look at until you get the help that you require.

OK Computer 09:35 04 Aug 08

Are you sure your logged in as administrator?! Press the windows key and L, does it lock your computer as administrator? (that's in XP by the way). You could always try browsing the CD, right clicking on the setup.exe (or named something similar to that effect) and choosing "Run As", check The Following User and enter your administrator password again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…